Single firemen dating

Rated 3.86/5 based on 792 customer reviews

In addition to the wider than usual chimney, note the cab extension (complete with a full length wooden door! Photo: M Covey-Crump On boxing Day 1967, K1 2-6-0 No.62005 was hauled by diesel shunter D3143 to North Tees sidings and spent 3 months to March 18, 1968 as a stationary boiler supplying steam to Phillips Oil Refinery at Seal Sands, Teesside.

The loco was manned by Hartlepool shed firemen who didn't particularly relish the job after having become accustomed to driving Class 37 diesels.

The K1's dome was removed and scaffolding erected around it.

As it was not standing on a pit, some difficulty was experienced in disposing or the firebox ash, resulting in burnt rocker bars and distortion of the ashpan.

Photo: K H Rose Thanks to a new lease of life as a stationary boiler, 1076 class No. C1 and C2 Atlantic boilers in SB use at Doncaster works, but these two were photographed at the rear of the town's ex.

1287 survived to become the last GW double-framed pannier tank in existence. GNR running shed on May 15, 1966 and have defeated attempts to identify them.

It performed that role from 1960 to 1965 and the loco is seen on July 29, 1964.

Photo: P Conroy Hessle, west of Hull, had a water-softening plant, whose boiler would appear to have been under repair during the summer of 1947. NER Class 6 4-4-2 No.2939 which was on the verge of withdrawal, was therefore supplied by Dairycoates MPD as a temporary replacement.

Water was pumped to Carmarthen Engine Shed, 87G, until the shed's closure in 1964. Interestingly, they were joined together like Siamese twins by both steam and water pipes to effectively form a single boiler.

Simon, seen towing the loco along the East Coast Main Line at Langley Junction.

Photo: David Percival Occasionally a boiler would be mounted upon the frames of an old tender rather than be plinthed on the ground.

Mote how its spare coal supply (which in such cases was almost invariably of inferior quality), is kept in a wagon behind the tender.

Photo: RM Archive Ancient and Modern: An incongruous juxtaposition at Wolverhampton Oxley MPD, circa 1970 as Brush Type 4 No.

Leave a Reply